Who We Are
The Association is a body corporate coordinating various professionals engaged in the built and natural environment incorporating but not limited to professions in Architecture, Engineering, Landscape Architecture, Quantity Surveying and Town and Physical Planning. The Association promotes professional development, education, public awareness, and the protection of built and natural heritage.
AAK is not limited to professions in architecture, landscape architecture, quantity surveying, town planning and engineering.
To be recognized locally, nationally and internationally as an efficient and effective Association that provides world-class corporate coordination of various professionals engaged in the built and natural environment by continuously enhancing the development, education, public awareness and the protection of the built and natural heritage.
1. To co-ordinate the activities of professions concerned with built and natural environment in Kenya and promote professional integrity and to direct the members of the Association in all matters of professional practice;
2. To advance the science and art of planning and building by developing the standards of professional education, training and practice, and facilitate matters of mutual interest of the member professions;
3. To create public awareness by marketing the services of member professions and provide professional opinions on the matters pertaining to violation of the statutes provided for good maintenance of the build and natural environment;
4. To establish and accredit Continuing Professional Development programmes for the members of the Association and encourage collaboration of professionals and societies engaged in the built and natural environment;
5. To offer community services by participation in the enhancement of built and natural environment, maintain building information services, and monitor quality controls on materials;
6. To liaise with the Government and regulatory agencies on the matters affecting Registration and licensing of the professionals engaged in the built and natural environment;
7. To foster National, Regional and International co-operation in matters dealing with the built and natural environment;
8. To maintain and protect the heritage of the built and natural environment;
9. To facilitate research and dissemination of information for the advancement of professional education, training, and practice;
10. To publish documents and publications for the benefit of the members of the Association and the general public in all matters of the built and natural environment;
11. To create revenue generating activities for the Association;
Professional Registration Bodies
For more information, contact us through:
The Professional Centre, 3rd Floor
P.O. Box 44258 GPO, Nairobi
Tel: (20) 224806, 0721691337, 0733330647
Fax: (20) 220582